Waiting for the snow...

I've done all those things that we Southerners do when there is the slightest chance of frozen precipitation: been to Kroger for bread and milk and wonderful ingredients for a month's worth of hearty soups and stews; made sure my pups have a nice warm, newly-filled-with-hay shelter; put on a pot of coffee and am making a list of all the things I need to do away from home before noon when the stuff is supposed to hit. Sitting here blogging is not really one of those things, but since I haven't posted in two weeks, I decided to git'er done.

I have almost reclaimed my studio space from the CHA tornado I created before Feb. 4. One conclusion I have come to is that I either need more storage for odd-sized items- Krylon cans come to mind - or I need to light a match and start all over. Don't guess I'd better light a match - those Krylons would turn into little heat-seeking rockets and one would find me. They wouldn't find Larry though. He's been frozen for about a week and can't seem to get warm, although I'm sure he'll be really warm next month when the utility bill comes, since he keeps turning up the heat.

I'm almost through with the prep work for the projects I had picked up at CHA and hope to ship those babies out the first of next week. I love making the projects but hate writing the directions. I'm always so afraid I'll leave a step out or put in a wrong measurement. I know I hate it when I'm trying to follow directions and something doesn't work out.

By the way, the high Sunday is supposed to be 60, so I don't think we will be ice-encased for very long, but in the meantime: Stay warm. Stay in. Drink hot chocolate. Cover up with a quilt and watch old movies. That's what I'm going to do.

Comments

Dianne Adams said…
Just found your blog and can so identify with your thoughts on snow. I get so excited when we have snow and of course stock up on soup makings too. Love your writing and happy to have found you here.
Dianne

Popular posts from this blog

Tribute to Spring

A Little Wickedness

The doctor is in...