Snow in the South

I love snow. I guess if I lived up north, I wouldn't be so crazy about it, but it's such a rarity here. Another thing: I doesn't usually last a long time.

The snow we received yesterday afternoon and last night was heavy at times, but mostly small flakes. The only problem was the wind. If we hadn't had wind to blow it off the trees, it would have been a perfect snow: 6-7 inches of soft white powder that has just enough moisture to make it good for snowballs and snowmen.

Larry was like a child. "Let's go out and build a fort! Let's build a snowman! Let's make snowcream!" All this at 9 p.m. last night. Needless to say, I just snuggled a little deeper under my quilt and pretended to be engrossed in a really bad tv show.

I went out early this morning and took lots of photos. Here's a tip: when you're taking snow pix, they can all grow to look alike over the years. The first thing I do is write the date in the snow and shoot that. If my photos stay together, and they do on cds, then I always know when I took them. This is especially good for those who sometimes forget to document things on the back of the prints.

Comments

Michelle W said…
I will have to come over next time and play in the snow with Larry. Read my blog and you will see what I was doing last night.

Popular posts from this blog

Tribute to Spring

A Little Wickedness

The doctor is in...