It's time for another round of the Sizzix Blog Hop with a little twist. There will be a different die each Thursday for several weeks, each by one of three different designers, and there will be more than 60 designs each week using the same die, so you'll get a huge variety of possibilities. Just click on the Sizzix button on my blog and you'll be on your way!
Since I went to see Wicked Halloween night, you know what mode I have been in all week. I had actually started my design, which would have been just a simple little house using patterned papers and some lace to create a charming cottage. Well, THAT didn't happen.
I started ripping the thing apart bright and early Monday morning and this is what I came up with: a perfectly wicked little house, deserving of Elphaba, who you can see peeping out the upper window.
Sizzix Scoreboard Pro house die by Eileen Hull(Product #656836)
Mat board, 6" x 13"
Patterned paper, two coordinating sheets
Smooch Spritz (Splash and Citrus Tickle)
Smooch Pearlized Color(Carrot)
Hole Punches ( 1/2" and 1/4")
Krylon Fusion Paint, Brown
Black Glitter Pen (Viva Decor)
Makin's Air-Dry Clay, black
Brass wire, 8"
Letter dies, 1 1/2" tall
Grungeboard arrow and swirls (Ranger)
Metal embellishments (Ranger)
Collage image (RockCandy Studios' Girly Girls CD)
Black Feathers (Bass Pro Shop)
Be Creative Tape
Beacon Quick Grip Adhesive
Krylon Copper Leafing Pen
Paper Soft Color (Moss Green) and sponge applicator
Decocolor Acrylic Paint Marker, Green (Marvy-Uchida)
1. Spray all die pieces, Grungeboard and brown cardstock with Krylon Fusion. Color doorway and window trims with Krylon Copper Leafing Pen.
2. Cover each piece of house base with patterned paper. Spritz randomly with Smooch colors. Before assembling, color female collage image with moss green Paper Soft Color and insert into window. Assemble house base using double-stick tape.
3. Cut enough 1/2" circles for the larger roof and 1/4" circles for the smaller roof from brown painted cardstock. Adhere to roof, beginning at the bottom of each side, with Quick Grip. Allow to dry and apply Smooch Carrot paint randomly, rubbing excess off to just highlight "shingles."
3. Paint dowel with black paint, pierce top of roof, add glue and insert dowel into hole. Glue Grungeboard arrow to dowel. Color any white spaces on the roof top with black glitter pen.
4. Form witch's hat from black clay and highlight with black glitter pen. Place on top of dowel and allow to dry. Remove hat, apply glue and re-attach to dowel.
5. Apply Grungeboard swirls and metal hardware with Quick Grip. Highlight swirls with green acrylic paint pen.
6. Shape wire into arc and curl ends.
7. Cut letters from painted cardstock and adhere to wire with Quick Grip, then to house.
8. Add black maribou feathers around base of house with Quick Grip.
That's it. I now have a wonderful little tribute to one of the best musicals I've seen and I have friends fighting over it. It just doesn't get much better than this.
Be sure to check back next Thursday for another edition of the Sizzix Triple Play Blog Hop. I know I will!