Toulouse Lautrec-Inspired Greeting Card



I love the art of Toulouse Lautrec, Graphic 45 paper and Jimbo Lojik stamps, so when I saw this Graphic 45 paper, I knew I had to create something using KellyCraft's Jimbo Lojik stamps.

I was showing my cousin how to make prints using Distress Inks, water and a protective mat, so this design came together very quickly.

Here's how I did it.

Supplies

Jimbo Lojik Stamps (Set H)
Graphic 45 8" x 8" paper slab (Typography)
Black card stock, 8 1/2" x 6 1/2" folded to 6 1/2"  x 4 1/4"
White card stock ,  8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Green card stock scrap
Distress Inks, Black Soot, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Broken China (Tim Holtz for Ranger, Inc.)
Protective mat
Water spritzer
Crafter's Tape double-stick adhesive
Black permanent marker (Sharpie)

Instructions
Pat Distress Inks directly onto protective mat. Spritz the colors with water and press the white card stock onto the inks. If you have any bare areas, just add more ink, spritz and press again. Allow the card stock to dry, then trim into two pieces, 5 1/4" x 4". Set one aside for use in another project

Add Spiced Marmalade, More Mustard and Broken China ink to mat.

Spritz inks with water.
Press paper onto inked mat and rub well.


Trim the Toulouse Lautrec art card from the paper slab and mount it onto the inked card stock. Mount both pieces to the black folded card stock,  placing near the bottom.

Stamp the Jimbo Lojik stamp onto green card stock with the Black Soot ink. Draw two small ovals onto the card stock as well and cut all three pieces out leaving a 1/16 to 1/8" border all around. Mount the green card stock pieces onto the card.



That's it. Easy as pie. As a matter of fact, I think I'll have go some pie to reward myself for making this card!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tribute to Spring

A Little Wickedness

The doctor is in...