I know Mothers Day for 2013 has come and gone, but this project could work for any subject. Check out how I created this using lace paper, Mica powders and KoolTak® adhesives.
It's time for another round of the Sizzix Blog Hop with a little twist. There will be a different die each Thursday for several weeks, each by one of three different designers, and there will be more than 60 designs each week using the same die, so you'll get a huge variety of possibilities. Just click on the Sizzix button on my blog and you'll be on your way! Since I went to see Wicked Halloween night, you know what mode I have been in all week. I had actually started my design, which would have been just a simple little house using patterned papers and some lace to create a charming cottage. Well, THAT didn't happen. I started ripping the thing apart bright and early Monday morning and this is what I came up with: a perfectly wicked little house, deserving of Elphaba, who you can see peeping out the upper window. Supplies Sizzix Scoreboard Pro house die by Eileen Hull(Product #656836) Mat board, 6" x 13" Patterned paper, two coordinating sheets Smooch Spri...
Welcome to the All Things Altered Blog Hop! It's getting close to the bewitching time of year, and while I'm not a big Halloween fan, I am a fan of wonderful quotations. When I saw this quote by George Bernard Shaw: "If you can't get rid of the skeletons in your closet, you'd better make sure they can dance," I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. I had been hoarding these little 6" skeletons for a couple of years and I think I bought them as a garland at Dollar Tree. They've been sitting in my Favorite Stash Drawer (yes, it's all caps because everything in there is just that important), waiting for me to take them out to dance (no pun intended). Larry and I are junk store junkies and a few weeks ago we went to a row of them in Memphis, just spending the day browsing. I went in one and immediately turned around and came back out. The proprietor laughed at me because he knew I was afraid of the 16' stack of junk on either si...
Welcome to Pam Bray's All Things Altered Spring Blog Hop! Be sure to hop through the list below to see all the fabulous art. Several of the bloggers including Pam are giving away some eye candy, so be sure to read the directions on each give-away blog for entering. To hop to the next blog, just click on the blog on the list at the bottom of this post. I have been looking at a big ball of rusty wire in my studio for more than a year, trying to come up with something really cool to create with it. I filched the wire from my hubby’s workshop. He didn’t remember buying it, so that meant it was up for grabs as far as I was concerned. The wire easily bent to form the flowers. Although the metal was rusty, it was still very strong, perfect for this little bit of spring art. Finally, I had inspiration. I began to twist the wire with the help of a couple of jewelry pliers until I had a fairly large flower. I had purposefully left about 4” of wire on each end and wrapped t...
Comments