Welcome to the first edition of the Designer Crafts Connection Blog Hop!
By clicking on the forward or back button to the left, you can hop to another blog, then click on their button to hop to another.
Our theme for March is Weddings and we'll all be posting wedding ideas on March 13th. In the meantime, watch for the little green Cricut logo on nine of the blogs. Write the blog names down, then go to Julie McGuffey's site (www.juliemcguffee.blogspot.com) and leave a comment with the list of blogs where you saw the logo. You'll be entered to win your own Cricut Expression!
Here's a little project that I made for the Craft Studio at CHA. The base product was beige yarn and here's what I did with it:
• Acrylic yarn, white or very light beige
• Crochet Hook, size H
• FabriTac Adhesive (Beacon)
• Quick Grip Adhesive (Beacon)
• Smooch Spritz, Electric Blue, Citrus Tickle, Majestic (Clearsnap)
• Gloss Gel, Emerald Green, Magenta
• Glitter Pen, Peridot, Gold (Viva Decor)
• Heavy fabric, such as denim, cut into four 6” x 6” pieces
• Plastic Headband
• Sizzix Bigz Die - Tattered Florals (Sizzix)
• Big Shot (Sizzix)
1. Crochet two 200-stitch single crochet chain, one each for each purple and blue flowers.
2. Beginning in the center of a fabric square coil the chain, adhering to the fabric with FabriTac adhesive.
3. Adhere yarn in single strips to additional fabric squares for green flower and leaves.
4. Press all yarn assemblages with a heavy object for about 30 minutes, then allow to finish drying uncovered overnight, turning occasionally.
1. Spritz spiral crocheted yarn with Smooch Spritz, using one main color per flower, and spray striped yarn with green Smooch Spritz.
Designer Tip: If you prefer a less intense color, you can pour a small amount on Smooch Spritz into a tiny atomizer and add water. You will not get as intense a shimmer, but the color will be much lighter, allowing for color mingling for more affects.
2. Die cut two large flowers from spiral yarn pieces and one smaller flower from striped yarn assemblage. Draw small leaf shapes on excess striped yarn and cut out with scissors.
Note: Be very careful when removing yarn/fabric assemblage from the die because the yarn may try to ravel.
4. Edge violet and blue flowers with Gloss Gel pens and green flower with Glitter Pen. Add gold Glitter Pen accents. to all flowers and leaves. Allow to dry.
1. Determine placement of the flowers and leaves and attach to headband with Quick Grip Adhesive.
2. Spritz additional yarn with Smooch colors and loop behind flower assembly. Glue in place with Quick Grip.