Duck Commander Man Cave Fan Pull
I love the Duck Commander stamps from KellyCraft and, while my hubby does not have a man cave, I thought this little fan pull would be great for his office space.
This tag is made from counter-top samples from the hardware store. Don't bother pretending to be looking for samples for your new kitchen; the hardware people usually have samples that are outdated and will happily to give them to you. If there is a stamped name on the tile front, just use a little Goof Off to remove it.
Here's how I did it:
- KellyCraft Duck Commander Acrylic Stamps, Set #2
- Acrylic Stamp Block
- Stazon Ink Pads, Black, Rusty Brown and Forest Green
- Small Swirl Stamp
- Tile Samples, two, the same size and shape
- Beacon 3-in-1 Adhesive
- Krylon Triple Thick Glaze
- Goof Off sticky residue remover, if needed
- Ball Chain
- Awesome Spray Cleaner
1. Clean and remove any stamped writing from the tile fronts with Goof Off.
2. Sponge on green and brown inks randomly, then stamp the main images on both tiles in black ink. Add the swirl stamp to Happy, Happy, Happy tiles edges. Sponge the tile sides in black and allow all to dry.
Note #1: If you have a patterned tile, you can just stamp the image in black and allow the pattern to provide your color.
Note #2 : If you happen to move your image while stamping to your image doesn't stamp the way you want, just spritz a little Awesome cleaner, available at Dollar Tree, to easily wipe the ink off the tile. It's also great for cleaning your stamps, even if the ink has been there for a while.
4. Apply Beacon 3-in1 Adhesive to the back of one tile and glue both together, back to back.
5. Add the ball chain for the pull.
That's it. Quick and easy-peasy.
Caution: This project is addictive, but the tile tags make great ID tags for luggage when you just need something to help identify your bag at the airport or tag your child's backpack. I suggest using initials or an image that your child loves, such as the Duck Commander logo, rather than a name that anyone with an ulterior motive can use to their advantage.