Uncle Si Robertson Card
The only thing better than KellyCraft's Get-it-Straight Laser Square and Multi-mat Docking Station is a combination of KellyCraft's Duck Commander and Jimbo Logic stamps.
When I finished it, it needed a little something extra, so I went through my stash of Makin's Air Dry Polymer Clay embellishments. When I have leftover small pieces of clay, I either cut them with a clay cutter or use them in a push-mold to create little pieces of art that I can use to finish out future projects. The color was a bright turquoise blue, but a coat of shiny black paint and a little Inka Gold took care of that.
Here's how I made this Uncle Si Robertson card, with the lojik of KellyCraft co-founder Jimbo Kelly's down home Southern sayings:
- Get-it-Straight Laser Square (KellyCraft)
- Multi-mat Docking Station (KellyCraft)
- Uncle Si Rubber Stamp (KellyCraft)
- Jimbo Lojik Sentiment Polymer Stamp Set H (KellyCraft)
- Cardstock, This Old House #4501107 and Craftsmanship #4501108 (Artisan Style Collection, Graphic 45)
- Black cardstock, 8 1/2" x 11"
- Paper, yellow/orange print (Affinity Paper Pack, The Paper Studio)
- Air Dry Polymer Clay (Makin's Clay)
- Push Mold Florals, 39005 (Makin's Clay)
- Score Tape
- Black Ink (Stazon)
- Craft paint, black (DecoArt)
- Inka Gold, gold (Viva Décor)
- Craft adhesive (Beacon 3-in-1 Adhesive)
Tools: Paper Trimmer, brush
1. Cut the following:
This Old House cardstock: 2 1/2" x 3 1/4"
Craftsmanship cardstock: 4" x 5 1/2"
Paper Studio yellow/orange paper: 3 5/8" x 4 7/8"; 1 1/2" x 2 5/8"; 3 1/4" x 7/8"
Black cardstock: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", folded to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"; 3 1/2" x 1 1/8"; 2 5/8" x 1 3/4"
2. Sponge the edges of all pieces with black ink and apply adhesive to all pieces of paper and cardstock except the folded black card base.
3. Place the folded cardstock in the upper right corner of the KellyCraft Get-it-Straight Laser Square and Multi-mat Docking Station. Remove the tape release paper and begin layering the pieces according to the photos.
5. Paint the clay embellishment and allow to dry. Apply Ink Gold to the raised parts of the clay with your finger or a tiny makeup sponge.
6. Apply craft glue to the back of the embellishment and center it at the top of the card. Place a heavy object on to until the glue dries.
This will make a cute birthday card for someone who loves Uncle Si or just a little project to bring a smile to someone's face.