God Bless America!

I am so thankful to live in the land of the free and the home of the brave, and to be a descendant of men who loved their country enough to risk their lives. My father, Jack Cofer, and his brothers, James, Mitchell, Frank and Earl, were all in the military. Earl, the youngest, paid the ultimate sacrifice in Vietnam. He was a career soldier and loved the military life. They are all descendants of a Revolutionary War soldier.


Larry's Aunt Wille was also a soldier, packing parachutes at Ft. Oglethorp during WWII.

Today, I salute all the men and women who serve our country in the military. Many of them are far from home this Independence day, but you know they are thinking of the wonderful celebration we are having here in the USA.




Every time I see a man or woman in military clothing, I make sure to thank them for their service. It's not much, but their sacrifice makes my freedom possible, and I am eternally grateful.

Now, go hug a soldier!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tribute to Spring

A Little Wickedness

The doctor is in...