Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Tea for Two, Two for Tea...
It's time for another Blog Hop featuring Eileen Hull's fabulous ScoreBoards from Sizzix. Our die for this round is the gorgeous Teacup die. The blog hop will begin April 14th at 11 a.m. Eastern Time, so if you want to see all the projects, you might want to wait until then to view it.
Being the think-outside-the-box-even-if-it's-goofy artist that I am, I turned it upside down and made a party hat place card and tea bag-holding party favor for a tea party. We have a Ladies' Tea at Trinity Baptist every couple of months, and I'm thinking these would be a hit!
Once again, the designer of the project receiving the most votes will be given the Teacup die as a prize and one person leaving a comment on one of the blogs will receive a die from the first ScoreBoard collection, a $40 value! Leave your comment here and go to Eileen's blog to vote!
Prima paper, Indeed Collection,Enchanted
Colorbox Chestnut Roan and Peacock Inks
Pale Pink Feather
RockCandy Studios' Dresden Foil
Scalloped border and butterfly
Krylon Spray Paint, Watermelon and Ivory
Memory Makers Clear Pebbles
Stampin'Up!® Baroque Swirl Stamp,
Trapezoid, 1/2" circle and 3/4" circle punches
and Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker
Beacon Zip Dry Adhesive
3M Super 77 Spray Adhesive
Clear embossing powder
Versamark ink pad
1. Add Peacock and Chestnut Roan ink to flowers to coordinate if necessary.
2. Spray Scalloped Border and butterfly with Watermelon paint and then lightly with Ivory paint. Allow to dry.
3. Stamp and emboss swirls with Versamark and clear embossing powder on 1/2 sheet of the patterned paper. Apply Peacock ink directly to paper and wipe with paper towel to remove excess and reveal embossed swirls.
Hat Place Card
1. Adhere swirl-embossed patterned paper to front and back of teacup pieces using Super 77 Adhesive. Trim and sponge edges with Chestnut Roan.
2. Adhere border, flowers and feather to hat. Write name on scrap of print paper with Chocolate Chip marker and punch with 3/4" circle punch. Adhere to center of larger flower and add pebble.
3. Write event name inside place card with Chocolate Chip marker.
Tea Bag Party Favor
1. Apply plain patterned paper (2" X 9")to front and back of rectangular separator die cut using Super 77 Adhesive, allowing the 2" excess piece to extend past top edge. Trim this edge with scalloped scissors. Trim and sponge edges with Peacock and Chestnut Roan inks.
2. Fold along horizontal score lines (vertical score lines will remain as-is.) and fold scalloped flap over top.
3. Print custom tags with inkjet printer and punch with trapezoid punch. Sponge scrap of patterned paper and use to layer tags. Attach to tea bags with staples.
4. Place teabags inside box and fold over top, adhering with Velcro dot.
5. Layer flowers. Write Tea for Two with Chocolate Chip marker, punch with 3/4" punch and adhere to flower center. Apply pebble.
1. Adhere swirl-embossed paper to oval. Cut scalloped border between each scallop, leaving top edge attached and adhere to oval edge with Beacon Zip Dry. Add flower and 1/2' circle cut from patterned paper.
Here are links to other blogs so you can see the creativity that flows from this talented group! Remember, some are set to post AFTER 11 a.m. EST on the 14th.
Sparkle's Tea Cup
Have fun creating and go hug someone you love!
I received product from Sizzix and Colorbox and am a partner in RockCandy Studios.