In Stitches...


As promised, this is the wall hanging I made yesterday at our River City Stampers monthly meeting. Roxi Phillips and Shelly Hickox led the project, selecting some beautiful vintage prints, felt, and textures for us to use. I particularly love the fabric at the top with the tiny cherries. It reminds me of my grandmother.
Everything on here has been altered in some way. Most of the fabric is either tea-dyed or spritzed with walnut ink. I also used some Stazon in black and brown for aging and stamping. The large piece of white felt, second layer from the bottom, was heated with a heat tool to create the lacy look.
Most of the assembly was machine stitched, but I added another piece after I got home and didn't want to drag out the machine.
I topped it off with a french laundry hanger and a scrap of red rayon ribbon, both from from RockCandy Studios
Go hug someone you love and dig through your scrap basket to see what you can come up with!




I am a partner in RockCandy Studios.

Comments

eileen hull said…
Wow- looks like you guys had a great time. LOVE the project!
Candice Windham said…
Eileen, we have a great stamp club. Every month, each project leader pushes the envelope. Come to Memphis sometime and join us!

Popular posts from this blog

Tribute to Spring

A Little Wickedness

The doctor is in...