Thursday, December 11, 2008
New Plates from Artistic Outpost
This is my favorite card made with the new Vintage Circus plate from Artistic Outpost(www.artisticoutpost.com). This is a new release, along with Fortune Teller and Valentine. I love all the new Artistic Outpost plates and will be posting a new image daily for the next couple of weeks.
Here's brief description of the Vintage Circus plate from the AO website:
Vintage Circus: Everyday is a circus in the Artistic Outpost studios. All we are missing are the wild animals and the three rings. This collection features vintage images from circus posters and advertisements from the 1900's. For our card makers, the main circus collage measures 3.75" x 5", a large stamp perfect for creating backgrounds. The entire collection comes in either an 8.5" x 5.5" unmounted sheet of red rubber OR mounted on EZMount cling foam, trimmed closely, and "mounted" onto a clear plastic printed index sheet. FREE shipping for USA orders of $50 or more.
Here's how I made this card:
Note: All cardstock and inks except for Tim Holtz Distress Inks, are from Stampin'Up!®
1. Sponge Very Vanilla cardstock with Tim Holtz Distress inks(Mustard Seed, Fired Brick, Shabby Shutters, Spiced Marmalade, Aged Mahagony). Be sure to cover an area the size of the large circus stamp.
2. Stamp image over sponged background in Basic Black ink. Trim image.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 on Whisper White cardstock. Cut out the center tiger image and edge with gold Krylon Leafing Pen. Mount on white cardstock and trim edge to 1/8". Mount to large image with pop dots.
4. Stamp elephant image with Basic Brown ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and sponge with Spiced Marmalade ink. Trim.
5. Tie gold cord (Stampin'Up!®) around large image and add elephant with pop dots.
6. Mount all onto More Mustard cardstock.
Have a great day. Stay warm!