One More from AO Snowy Woods




Today is the day! You can order your own set of Bluebird and Snowy Woods, and AO has some great specials. Check them out at www.artisticoutpost.com.

This card was made with Snowy Woods' beautiful door stamp. I stamped it in Basic Brown ink on Confetti Cream cardstock (Stampin;Up!), then colored the image with Derwent watercolor pencils and my Aquapainter brush. I added base color then used the Aquapainter to blend. I don't know how many layers I have on this, but the final hard details for the branches and wreath were added with the pencils alone. I used Stampin'Up!'s white pen to add the berries and branch highlights. Antique brass hardware corners are from RockCandy Studios. The little sentiment was stamped in SU Blue Bayou. The background swirl paper is from a slab I bought a couple of years ago, but I spritzed it with Patina Glimmer Mist (yummy stuff!) to get it close to the color I wanted for this background.

I'm off to drop hubby off at his friend's house - they're heading to Nashville for the International Bluegrass Music Association awards. Last year, they went a lot of parties and wound up with eighth row seats for the awards show, right in the middle of all the folks who were nominated. Larry got to rub elbows with some serious bluegrass musicians. I hope he has as much fun this year.

It's a beautiful day - go outside and enjoy living in the South!

Comments

Michelle Murphy said…
i want to color like you:D, great card
seriously...how did you do that?
i really think this looks like an oil painting....it's amazing.
Candice Windham said…
Thanks, Sistas!

It's just Derwent watercolor pencils. I started with the lighter colors and then blended them with the Aquapainter. When I had the base color the way I wanted, I added the darker shades and did a little blending, but not much so I could keep the texture. When I used the SU white pen, it was skipping a bit because I've had it a while, but it was perfect to add an icy look to the branches.

Popular posts from this blog

Tribute to Spring

A Little Wickedness

The doctor is in...