When it rains, it pours....



Haven't posted to this blog since August and now, three posts in three days. Is the world coming to an end?

I made this card with the new Bluebird plate from Artistic Outpost, which will be released Wednesday, October 1. I hope you are enjoying these cards as much as I enjoy making them. They aren't fancy, but they're quick and easy.

I used Stampin' Up! cardstock (don't I always?) in Old Olive, Basic Black, Lavender Lace, Blush Blossom and Creamy Caramel, and SU Basic Black and Lavender Lace Craft inks. Stamp the bird image in black on Lavender Lace cs. Stamp the boy in black on Creamy Caramel. Ink edges of the Lavender Lace cs, the boy image and a scrap of Old Olive trimmed to frame the boy. Cut a piece of Basic Black cs to 5 1/2" X 2 1/2" and run it through the Cuttlebug to texturize. Use a copper- colored Rub-on to highlight the texture (available at www.rockcandystudios.com. ...... such shameless self-promotion!) I tied a raffia scrap though the button ...y'all know I hate button holes with nothing in them. Oh, but first, the button I used was a little too bright, so I just rubbed a bit of my Basic Black ink on the front to tone it down. You could do the same with the rub-ons from RCS.

Now for the assemblage: Glue the boy image to the Old Olive and attach to the right side of the Lavender Lace piece, leaving about 1/8" of LL cs showing. Add five brads to the top of this piece. Note: The brads were antique brass, but I wanted a hint of purple so I tapped them on my Lavender Lace Craft pad and then onto a paper towel to get just a little purple tint. Layer all onto a folded piece of Old Olive. Fold the textured black cs around the edge of the card fold and glue in place. Stamp the sentiment onto Blush Blossom cs in black ink,trim and tear the right edge, then ink the edges with Lavender Lace ink and attach to card front. Add the button with red liner tape or a glue dot.

Be sure to check out the new plates at www.artisticoutpost.com, plus all of their previous releases. October is their 1 year anniversary. Happy Birthday, Artistic Outpost!

Comments

Marguerite said…
Love all your cards.. gets me inspired to start doing my Christmas cards.. looking forward to more of your cards and post..
Marguerite
Dianne Adams said…
I'm loving your cards!
Michelle Murphy said…
wow! 3 post in 3 days..i think that is one for the records books:D..i do love seeing your creations daily
Anita Van Hal said…
Candice-I'm loving your work! Happy to see THREE posts in a row!!! For me I think I'm up to four! I think the world IS coming to an end-but I'm having so much fun...thanks for sharing!
Barb Hardeman said…
I love this card Candace. So neat with the embossed panel down the left...
truly honored that you updated your blog and with our stamps...

Popular posts from this blog

Tribute to Spring

A Little Wickedness

The doctor is in...