I just love Springtime in Tennessee, and this one has been beautiful. Our azaleas were just gorgeous, the daffodils beautiful and all the flowering trees made wonderful touches of color in our woods, but the most stunning blooms were on our three-year-old Clematis. I took so many photos because it just became more beautiful every day.
I knew I had to document them in a scrapbook page. This one is a digital page created with the Duetica Lettering Arts Studio fonts, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign, but you could just as easily create this in a traditional layout. The Duetica Lettering Arts Studio made this beautiful title so easy to do with the elegant Mandolyn font.
Here's how I did it:
- Using the Duetica lettering Arts Studio, set “Spring Beauty” using Mandolyn font. Make changes to “S” and “Y” to create swirls.
- Open Spring Beauty file in Photoshop. Change color to deep purple. Save as a png file to preserve background transparency.
- Open photo. Set image size to 12 x 12. cropping as necessary. Set Opacity to 50% and save.
- Open new 12 x 12 file in InDesign or Pagemaker or other layout software. Note: You can also create this entire page in Photoshop.
- Draw a 12 x 12 square and fill with purple, adjusting color to 20%
- Place photo from step 3 and reduce size to 11 x 11 with a purple border.
- Place photos and journaling block as desired, set for a 45% purple drop shadow and give them white borders .
- Type journaling in black and change Clematis title to purple.