Thanks X 2
What better way to celebrate the beginning of the holiday season than with little gifts that say, "Thank you!" in a big way? This little thank you gift gives an added bonus: yummy mints and a handmade flower pin. It's also quick and easy to do. The sentiment was created with the fabulous Duetica Lettering Arts Studio and the whole thing was assembled in less than 30 minutes.
Here's how I made it:
• Printed paper, 6" x 12" (Graphic 45) and a small scrap of a contrasting color/pattern, 4" x 3"
• White Cardstock, 3" x 11" (Stampin'Up!®)
• Sizzix Dies (Eileen Hull's Frame, Easel and
Tim Holtz Alterations, Vintage Lace)
• Mat Board (Sizzix)
• Big Shot
• Small zipper lock bag, 3" x 4"
• Coiled Roses Kit (Laliberi)
• Double-stick tape, 1/4" width (Sookwang)
• Brads, three large
• Sentiment (Duetica Lettering Arts Studio)
• Spray Adhesive (3M Super 77)
• Black craft paint (Plaid)
• Peacock Blue Ink Pad (ColorBox)
• Hot glue and glue gun
• Transparent Gloss Gel (Viva Décor)
• Lifesaver® mints or fruit flavored candies
1. Adhere printed paper to matboard and diecut with the Frame/Easel die. Paint the backside, edges and inner frame edges of the mat board with black craft paint and set aside to dry. When dry, bend on scored lines and join the piece together with brads, using the holes cut with the die.
2. Sponge edges of 4" x 3" paper with blue ink and fold over the top of the frame.
3. Cut white cardstock with Vintage Lace die and attach to lower front and back edges of the topper.
4. Print sentiment on white cardstock, trim and ink edges. Adhere to front of topper with double-stick tape. Add a strip of double-stick tape to the zipper lock bag and attach inside the frame.
5. Make coiled rose according to directions in kit and attach pin back to flower with hot glue. Use the pin to attach the flower to the frame topper.
6. Add dew drops with Transparent Gloss Gel.
This makes a pretty little gift, and the rose can be removed and attached to a lapel, a hat or a purse for a little flowery fashion statement.
Be sure to click on the DCC button to the left to hop to other blogs and see more creative ways to say thanks.
Remember to be thankful for those you love!
I received product from Sizzzix, Laliberi, Sookwang, Viva Décor and Duetica Lettering Arts Studio.