Triple Play Blog Hop, Week #6
I can't believe we are almost through with this blog hop. Each week has been an adventure in creativity! Be sure to click on the Sizzix button on the left side of this page to see what 60 other amazing designers did with this die!
Between this event, my 3X weekly posts at the Memory Keepers blog, and Christmas shopping, I am just about created out. When I took Brenda Pinnick's lovely fabric and Sizzix diecuts out of the bag, my brain malfunctioned. There were so many possibilities, but also 60 other designers using the same materials. I always like to push the envelope, but how could I top what I had done in the past few weeks without spending days on the project?
I read somewhere that when you are writing a novel and you get your hero stuck in one of your mind blocks, you should turn him around and go in the opposite direction. If it works for writers, it should work for crafters, so I turned backwards and went to my crafting beginnings, which was scrapbooking.
Brenda's fabric and shape designs were perfect for a scrapbook page about our recent visit to the Memphis Zoo. The fabric lent itself well to the subject, and the shapes were perfect for my photos.
Here's how I did it:
Sizzix Die (656053, Sizzix Bigz XL Die - Album, Brackets)
Fabric (Henry Glass, Couleur Vie #7270-74, tan solid, and blue felt)
Clearsnap Inks, Prussian Blue and Bronze
Patterned cardstock, Holly Jolly 12 X 12 (My Mind's Eye)
Dark Brown cardstock, 12 X 12 (Bazzill)
Beacon Zip Dry Adhesive
Kraft and black cardstock strips, 11" X 2"
1/8" Hole Punch
Hemp scraps, 6"
Computer-generated title and journaling
1. Trim 1/2" off two adjacent sides of patterned cardstock. Ink edges with blue and brown inks and adhere to dark brown cardstock. Set aside.
2. Cut two large frames from tan fabric and one each from felt and white paper. Cut one small frame center from printed fabric. Ink all edges with brown ink.
3. Cut photos with large frame then trim 3/8" from each. Ink edges and adhere to frames. Print journaling, cut from small frame center and trim 1/4". Ink edges and adhere to small frame center.
4. Adhere all photos and journaling tag to page, keeping elements lower to the bottom to allow for the title at the top.
5. Cut kraft paper to 11" X 1 3/4" and ink edges with brown ink. Punch three holes on each side and run hemp through, wrapping around edges and adhering in back with tape. Tear black cardstock to fit on kraft strip. Trim out each word of title and ink edges. Adhere to title strip and add photo at end.
Now I have a page to remember our lovely day at the Memphis zoo. I also added a pocket to the back with the cd of the rest of our visit, so I''ll always know where to find it.
Have a fun-filled rest of the week! Be sure to stop by next Thursday for another round of the Sizzix Triple Play Blog Hop.
Only sixteen days 'til Christmas! WhooHoo!