Blog Update (Y'all know I try to update at least once a quarter, whether I have anything to say or not.)

It's 4:55 a.m. I've been awake since 2:30 and didn't go to bed until 1 or so. My internal clock is really screwed up. Fortunately, Larry's is as well. He's in the living room, plunking on the guitar and watching an old western.

I spent most of yesterday trying to figure out what projects I had due (after a week of aches and fever) and whether I needed to make a trip to the big city to buy any supplies. I think I just about thought myself to death. I'm trying to think and plan before I alter, cut, paint or ink anything, which is a very different style from my usual fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants art.

I will post a project I finished in the wee hours this morning after running it by my friend and business partner, Roxi Phillips. It's a great project, just in time for Halloween. This will be available from RockCandy Studios in the next week or so, so be sure to check us out at www.rockcandystudios.com. If you aren't on our newsletter mailing list, send us a note at rockcandy@bigriver.net and we'll add you. The newsletter comes out once a month or so and includes tips as well as specials and new merchandise notifications.

Here's another pic from our last trip. It is from the ceiling of the Jefferson Davis home in Biloxi, Mississippi. The artists actually scraped away all the paint layers to get the true colors during the restoration after Katrina. The work is phenomenal. The house was built before the Civil War and sits right on the Gulf, facing the water. I'm amazed that it has withstood all the storms, including Camille, which I was almost in in the late '60s. A friend and I were on our way down for a vacation. We got as far as Hattiesburg before we turned back. One of the smartest moves I ever made.

Go hug someone you love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tribute to Spring

A Little Wickedness

The doctor is in...