I always decorate the door of my Sunday School class with seasonal decor, and this is one of my favorites. I made it using Eileen Hull's Cupcake die from Sizzix, Duetica Lettering Arts Studio's Woodwynds font, scrap cardstock and Viva Décor's Ice White Pearl Pen.
Here's how I did it:
Easter Door Decoration
Duectica Lettering Studio Software, Woodwynds Font
Photoshop or other photo/drawing software
Eileen Hull’s Sizzix Cupcake die
Scrap card stock
Viva Décor Ice White Pearl Pen
1 ¾” and 1 ¼” circle punches
Assorted small flower punches
Chipboard cut into a circle (mine was an 8 ½” circle) with center removed, leaving a 2” ring
Happy Easter Sign
1. Set “Happy Easter” using Woodwynds font. Open the file in Photoshop or other photo/drawing program and use airbrush tool to alter colors for a graduated appearance. Print out on white cardstock and trim.
2. Mount onto chipboard covered in printed paper.
3. Add ribbon holder.
1. Cut 8-10 cupcake holders using Eileen Hull’s Sizzix Cupcake die. Cut the sections apart, then cut ½” from the squared end of each “petal”.
2. Arrange petals on the 1 ¾” circle and adhere. Top each flower center with a 1 ¼” circle for flower center. Apply Viva Décor Pearl Pen to flower centers.
3. Arrange flowers on chipboard ring and adhere. Add additional punched flowers to fill in any bare spots on the chipboard. Add sign and enjoy!
This project is quick and easy. It took less than one hour, and I was able to use up some scraps from my stash.
You can use the button below to hop through the Spring Linky Party sponsored by Sizzix and Eileen Hull. Happy hopping!